New Pharos Cloud 3.6 Release Enhances Security, IT Efficiency, and User Experience
By Bill Sullivan | November 10, 2023
Pharos is excited to announce a new release of Pharos Cloud, the cloud-native print management and optimization platform proven to meet the scalability, security, and reliability requirements of large, global enterprises. Pharos Cloud migrates print infrastructure to the cloud to drive IT productivity, enhance security, and enable employees with intuitive ways to print wherever they work. All Pharos Cloud releases are designed with these key tenets in mind, and the Pharos Cloud 3.6 release is no exception. Key updates include:
Direct Print enhancements
Pharos Direct Print has been updated with several enhancements to enhance security and administrative experience:
- A new Direct Print dashboard enables administrators to visualize key Direct Print metrics to provide insights needed to optimize direct printing.
- Encrypted communications for Windows drivers enable organizations to support zero trust security principles
- Print queue-level permissions enhance administrative control over employee direct printing
- Ability to define multiple IP ranges per location improves the location-based printing experience
Secure Scanning enhancements
This release builds on Pharos Cloud’s secure scanning capabilities by adding:
- Delegated permissions for scanning to O365, which enhances security by providing individual users with the ability to control who accesses their SharePoint or OneDrive
- SharePoint as a new scan destination to expand user workflows—previously supported destinations include email, Network Folder, and OneDrive
- 11 new languages improve the end user scanning experience for global organizations
Support for cloud-connected printer models to drive IT productivity
This release expands Pharos Cloud’s manufacturer support for cloud-connected printer models to support Ricoh and Konica Minolta devices that can communicate directly with the Internet. Cloud-connected printers enable organizations to move the Pharos Cloud Site Service to the cloud—driving IT efficiency, and increasing scalability, redundancy, and uptime.
For a complete list of new features in the Pharos Cloud 3.6 release, please refer to the release notes.