On March 2nd, Microsoft announced the general availability of Universal Print, their cloud-based printing service within Microsoft 365.
In their announcement, Issa Khoury, Principal Program Manager Lead at Microsoft, said “…for customers looking for print management solutions, a robust set of software partners are bringing software and cloud services that build on Universal Print.“
Pharos is proud to be one of Microsoft’s integration partners. With Microsoft and Pharos Beacon, businesses that leverage Azure AD have a new cloud printing option to secure their employee printing workflows while supporting multiple desktop and mobile operating systems.
Integrating Universal Print with Pharos Beacon is a simple process for IT administrators, and Pharos Beacon provides several capabilities on top of Universal Print, including:
- A single print queue that everyone can use and then release their prints when it’s convenient
- User authentication at the device to protect document confidentiality
- Support for Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, and Linux workstations
- Actionable print analytics to help drive continual savings and optimization
- Easy mobile printing from iOS and Android devices
- Several print release options including touchless printing
Our development team continues to work with Microsoft to further align our technologies and ensure a simple and flexible user experience. Everyone at Pharos is looking forward to the journey ahead, as we continue to work with Microsoft and businesses all over the world to make office printing simple, secure, efficient, and sustainable.
Want to join us in our Universal Print integration preview? Reach out here and stay tuned for more!