Software > Pharos Uniprint
Pharos Uniprint® was the first cost-recovery software solution developed for higher education — and it’s still the market leader. Uniprint is a flexible, scalable, and device-independent system for tracking, monitoring, controlling, and charging for network printing. It routinely delivers print cost savings, paper waste reduction, and convenient print services to millions of users in more than 1,000 institutions worldwide.
With Pharos Uniprint software you can:
- Recover your printing costs with student pay-for-print and use the recovered funds to defray current expenses or pay for needed improvements and upgrades.
- Save money, improve security, and go green by deploying processes and technologies like Secure Release Here® and Informed Print. Waste reductions in the 50-80% range are not uncommon.
- Enable Departmental Chargeback to control and manage a shared print/copy budget with pre-established allocations and users to prevent overspending.
- Integrate easily with campus card systems.
- Permit guest users to use guest cards to access secured print/copy devices without assigning login credentials.
A workhorse of undisputed reliability and accuracy, Uniprint is widely known for its unmatched flexibility in meeting customers’ unique requirements, adapting to the individual characteristics of their host networks, and supporting the widest variety of devices and campus card systems. Centralized administration makes it easy to maintain your print services. And Uniprint’s mobile printing functionality means that students, faculty, and staff can print from any device (mobile or otherwise) on or off campus to any secure printer.
Uniprint is part of the Pharos Uniprint Solution Suite, along with Off-The-Glass® and SignUp.